June 4, 2019 - 8:00 am
Sponsored by Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers
- Your grantmaking within the local and national philanthropic landscape
- Aligning grant guidelines to your values and communicating with the public
- Reviewing proposals and conducting due diligence
- Legal and ethical guidelines for grantmaking excellence
- Maximizing grant impact
- Strategies for continued learning and improvement
Who Should Attend
- Trustees, staff, and executive directors of foundations, giving circles and corporate giving programs who want to expand their grantmaking skills, deepen their understanding of philanthropy and learn from their colleagues
- Individuals who are exploring how to organize significant charitable giving
- Beginning grantmakers will appreciate the workshop’s efficient overview of all aspects of grantmaking
- Intermediate grantmakers will appreciate the time to reflect on and refine their grantmaking fundamentals
You may view the tentative Workshop Agenda included below.
Registration Fee for GCRI Members: $100 – $85 Early-Bird Discount before May 3, 2019
Please note: you will need an account to register for this event. To create one, click here.
Total attendance will be limited to 25 registrants; ABAG reserves the right to cancel the event if fewer than five grantmakers register (fees would be reimbursed)
Please contact GCRI for the discount code.
This workshop is adopted from Essential Skills and Strategies for New Grantmakers, co-developed by the Council on Foundations and the United Philanthropy Forum. All participants will receive a set of helpful reference materials.