Representative David Cicilline announced that six Rhode Island arts organizations have been awarded a total of $450,000 in competitive grant funding from the American Rescue Plan. These grants, awarded through the National Endowment for the Arts, will support payroll costs and pandemic-related expenses.The grants were awarded as follows:
- Alliance of Artists Communities, Providence – $100,000
- Dirt Palace Public Projects, Providence – $50,000
- DownCity Design, Providence – $100,000
- Spectrum Theatre Ensemble, Providence – $100,000
- Everett Arts Incubator, Providence – $50,000
- Riverzedge Arts, Woonsocket – $50,000
The pandemic and safety measures have hit arts organizations here in Rhode Island and around the country hard. These American Rescue Plan grants will help Rhode Island’s cultural institutions weather this storm and continue to enrich Rhode Island communities.