There are many ways to support those who have been affected by the devastation of Hurricane Fiona and Hurricane Ian.
FLORIDA RELIEF EFFORTS
As the work continues to assess damage and needs, United Way Worldwide will update funds accordingly on Online.UnitedWay.org and UnitedWWay.org.
Additionally, because of the intense and far-reaching impact of this storm, to support communities in Florida and other areas affected by Hurricane Ian, United Way Worldwide has created the United Way Disaster Response and Recovery Fund. As part of United Way’s collective mission to build stronger, resilient, and equitable communities, United Ways in affected areas will continue to raise money locally and respond to emerging needs as appropriate for their community. The national fund will absolutely complement those efforts and provide a single clearinghouse for individual and corporate donors who want to support all affected areas.
This fund will help local United Ways meet immediate storm-related needs and support long-term recovery throughout the affected regions. It would also allow donors to designate their funds to local United Ways. We’ll be working with United Way leaders in the affected areas to determine the best distribution plan.
Other Florida Efforts (Shared by Florida Philanthropy Network (FPN))
- Collaboratory – Fort Myers, Lee County and Surrounding Counties.
- Collier Community Foundation – Naples, Collier County
- Charlotte County Community Foundation: Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation: Venice Beach and Surrounding Counties
- Community Foundation of Sarasota County: Sarasota County
- Manatee Community Foundation: Manatee County
- Community Foundation Tampa Bay: Tampa Bay Region and Surrounding Counties
- Central Florida Foundation: Orlando, Orange, and Surrounding Counties
- Heart of Florida United Way: Orlando, Orange, and Surrounding Counties
FPN has compiled an initial repository of resources for foundations and non-profits. You can access all accumulated resources by visiting our resource page – FPN Hurricane Ian Resource Page
PUERTO RICO RELIEF EFFORTS
The Boston Foundation and the Latino Equity Fund has a list of organizations working on the ground in Puerto Rico that you can choose to support.
(Shared by Grantmakers in the Arts and Philatropia Puerto Rico)
- María Fund
- María Fund’s Fiona Community Response Fund
- Taller Salud
- Hispanics in Philanthropy’s Fiona Community Response Fund
- Hispanic Federations’ Unidos Disaster Relief & Recovery Program to Support Puerto Rico
- Fundación Comunitaria de Puerto Rico
- Filantropía Puerto Rico’s FORWARD Puerto Rico Fund
- Filantropía Puerto Rico’s Philanthropic Call to Action Towards a Just & Resilient Puerto Rico