As we think about the people of Ukraine, dealing with the impact of a Russian invasion, and for those who have been displaced or injured by the fighting, the philanthropic community is mobilizing to provide support.
- Our colleagues at the Center for Disaster Philanthropy have developed a Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis page with some initial information for funders to keep in mind on how they can help, and they note that they will continue to update this information as needs come into greater focus. CDP has also established the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Recovery Fund, which will focus on addressing humanitarian needs that arise, particularly among the most vulnerable, marginalized and at-risk internally-displaced peoples (IDPs) and refugees.
- The Philanthropy Europe Foundation (Philea) is tracking information and responses to the crisis here.
- CARE has established a Ukraine Crisis Fund to reach 4 million with immediate aid and recovery, food, water, hygiene kits, psychosocial support, and cash assistance – prioritizing women and girls, families, and the elderly.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross is seeking donations to support its work to respond to the Ukraine crisis.
- The Council on Foundations has put together a response page, including statements and relief funds from the field and our members.
- Our sister organization, Human Rights Funders Network has shared that you can:
- Support women, trans, and nonbinary activists on the ground through Urgent Action Fund’s Urgent Response Fund: Ukraine;
- Donate directly to queer and young feminist organizations;
- Support independent journalism & learn more about the conflict.
- Devex has an update on Ukraine’s looming humanitarian crisis.
- World Central Kitchen has also begun feeding refugees in several countries bordering Ukraine.
Philanthropy Roundtable has suggested the following additional organizations:
The Victor Pinchuk Foundation, based in Ukraine, directs donors to standforukraine.com to support local relief efforts.
The Ukrainian Institute in London shares the following options of organizations supporting Ukraine:
- Support Ukraine NOW – Worldwide network with resources for donating, protesting, and volunteering. The website includes country specific tips for over 20 countries.
With Ukraine, is a special fund to provide humanitarian assistance to Ukraine’s civilian population established by the Embassy of Ukraine in the UK
The UNHCR Refugee Agency emergency appeal to help ensure that Ukrainians forced to flee their homes are sheltered and safe.
The Red Cross have established a Ukraine Crisis Appeal to provide food, water, first aid, medicine, warm clothes, and shelter.
Defend Ukraine have collated a list of fundraisers, charities, and donation links in support of Ukraine, covering financial and humanitarian aid, medical supplies, and military support.
The Ukraine Crisis Media Center has published a list of recommendations of charities in Ukraine to support.
Ukraine Charity, London: humanitarian appeal – Ukraine Charity are a UK registered charity.
The Kyiv Independent needs support to continue reporting on the ground from Ukraine.
In the US, Razom for Ukraine and Nova Ukraine are raising money for Emergency Response.