The Centreville Bank Charitable Foundation has awarded $198,850 in funding to 21 organizations throughout Rhode Island and Connecticut.
Rhode Island organizations receiving second quarter grants are:
- Back to School Celebration of RI – $10,000 to purchase of 1350 backpacks and school supplies for children in Rhode Island communities.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of RI – $5,000 for the Family Empowerment Investment Fund.
- Children’s Friend – $5,000 for the Connecting with Families and Communities Pilot Program.
- Clínica Esperanza – $40,000 for the Neighborhood Health Station, which offers rapid COVID-19 testing and vaccines and other medical tests to support underserved communities.
- Community College of Rhode Island Foundation – $30,000 to support the CCRI Student Emergency Fund.
- Inspiring Minds – $5,000 to support in-school tutoring and mentoring.
- J. Arthur Trudeau Memorial Center – $2,500 towards children’s technology needs.
- McAuley Ministries – $10,000 towards the “Lunch on Us” Program, where healthy food is provided to 200+ people each day Monday-Friday.
- Sojourner House – $30,000 towards supportive housing for victims of abuse.